Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 17 - Minnesota Library 2.0 ELM

I've tried to set up a search alert using the new directions from newsletter #8, but seem to be having difficulty. I know it is quite late so I will try again when I am a little more awake:)

I tried it again today 4/16 and it worked.

The ProQuest create a web page and Ebsco page composer are convenient short cuts to searching databases. I think students and teachers would like these and find them helpful in searching databases for research. I noticed in ProQuest that there is a way to format the citations in MLA format for a bibliography, which is another helpful tool especially for students.

NetLibrary is a wonderful find! I haven't looked at this before, but will include this in my weekly newsletter at school as a terrific tool both for teachers and students. I imagine teachers will be excited to learn about this resource.

No comments:

A Quote from Dr. Seuss

A P Copper Uppercase Letter E r IMG_9028 card letter o N i S A p Pewter Ransom Font e r S O P1000644 N O M A t t e R h_McElman_070717_2641 0_006 W McElman_070820_5395 M A Bead Letter L L