Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thing 12 - Do You Digg it?

http://letsplaymath.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/happy-pi-day-2008/

I have to link this fantastic resource and celebration of Pi Day! I added my "two cents worth" to this article too. I actually learned about Pi Day from Science Friday on public radio. The next best thing I can offer since my school district filters block web 2.0 tools is to present articles or web sites on a weekly newsletter for the high school.

I will use these tools at home. After looking at the four listed (Mixx, Digg, Newsvine, Reddit), I prefer the presentation and organization of Newsvine or Mixx the best. I didn't like Reddit at all, it did not appeal to me. I also liked the format and presentation of StumbleUpon. The one reason I liked this format is that it isn't all written by "just anybody" but articles are also written by journalists, such as MSNBC.

No comments:

A Quote from Dr. Seuss

A P Copper Uppercase Letter E r IMG_9028 card letter o N i S A p Pewter Ransom Font e r S O P1000644 N O M A t t e R h_McElman_070717_2641 0_006 W McElman_070820_5395 M A Bead Letter L L